I am sure you will be one of the thousands of parents who will be going trick or treating with your young children. It is a great time of the year to watch our young kids get excited about the opportunity to receive free candy from neighbors.
If you as a homeowner want to be a part of the celebration, you have to do the following:
- Buy your candy to hand out to kids
- Keep your doorway open with proper lighting
- Be present and welcome children and greet them as they come to your door.
Some people prefer not to be a part of this process and keep their house dark and front door closed.
At a tradeshow, many similarities can be made
- Bring your proper sales materials and be ready to hand out information and branding items to visitors.
- Make sure your booth is inviting and captures people’s attention.
- Be present and stand by your materials. Don’t park yourself behind your desk or spend your time constantly on your smartphone.
In each case, it is all about welcoming people to your space. Make sure you seize the opportunity to have some fun and notice people as they visit your home or booth.
Make contact with the kids who visit you and their parents who are standing in the background. It is ads ki great time to watch kids and be excited for them. At a tradeshow, get to know people who stop by your booth, some may be clients, others may not be. In any case show you care and welcome them.
Finally, set some goals today. If you are handing out candy, buy some special candy for those people you think may be very nice or that you know personally. Show them you care and give them some type of special candy to make sure they keep coming back to your house. In addition, count how many kids stop by your house and keep track of the time frame that you receive the most kids at your house. These type of numbers will help you manage your costs with respect to purchasing candy and Halloween supplies.
Have a Fun and Safe Halloween Celebration!