Use Twitter to communicate with others to make others and myself better informed people and to have fun connecting with “great” people.
Continue to check twitter on an ongoing basis, to monitor information specific to my company, myself and to seek information that will help me continue to become more productive both personally and professionally. To reciprocate, I will try and add comments that add value to conversations and provide useful information. I will also throw in an opinion or two to show that I am a real person.
- My tweets will consist of information presented in this blog…
- Seek other people’s opinions
- Share my findings
- As a thank you to others who have shared valuable information with me.
My tweets will consist of information documented by others..
- I will only tweet information which makes a difference.
- It could be a link to an article or a shared opinion.
- Company information where applicable
My tweets will not consist of the following:
- National news highlights
- Retweets without some type of comment
- Marketing 101 information
Me Following You
- I follow interesting people,who give me an edge
- I am not a reciprocal type of guy on twitter or at networking events
- I follow regular contributors on Twitter
- I will check your bio and profile pic. These 2 items are critical!!
You Following Me
- If my information adds value, feel free to follow me.
- I check out new followers and I am always curious why people follow me.
- I use Tweetdeck (Chrome Extension) to monitor conversations.
- I also use SocialBro, (Chrome Extension) to see how active people are and lots of other metrics
- Get a Twylah id. Your tweets will resonate longer
- Most of the great people on twitter maintain a blog site
- Remember Twitter is one Social Media Channel there are others
- Don’t get caught up in numbers. I learned this lesson!
- Try to get on twitter and post at least 5-10 times a day to make a difference
Let me know what types of protocols you use with respect to twitter.
Picture | keiyac