Here are 3 points I found very interesting from this video.
- Are we moving to social business? There needs to be formality with respect to social.
- Listen to the Wal-Mart example regarding twitter. Interesting way of listening to conversations on twitter and how it could affect products displayed in stores.
- Plan and Predict verus React
For 2012, my goal is to find these business metrics and start building plans around them.
Here is my list so far
- I look at activity on social media sites and compare it to the number of new accounts opened. (Currently doing this in 2011) Some correlations can be made from this data.
- Gauge brand name appearances on different social media platforms. Determine where the most conversations are occurring.
- Listen for specific service/products and determine what clients like and do not like about.
- Gauge keyword search traffic on blog sites. (What are the most popular key words?) How can we build on these words with respect to products/services
- More to come…
Finally, moving from Social Media to Social Business really puts a new emphasis on things. I think a lot of us including myself spend a lot of time testing concepts and ideas online and with other marketing channels. I know I can always improve the way I track and measure. I want to get to a point where I can start predicting results instead of reacting. By focusing time and energy into a good social business plan, I think companies will begin to see huge advances in sales, new product lines and new markets.
What are your social business goals for 2012? Do you have a good social business metric that you currently use? I would be curious to know.