This test will tell you the following:
- How connected you are on Google+? Does your profile picture come up not only with your Google + Profile but also as an owner of a content site (blog, website)
- What type of platforms does this person have a presence on?
- Does this person share his content with others through blog posts and conferences?
- How popular is this person on video?
- Do others recognize this individual’s work and refer to it in their blog posts.
Ok – Here is the test – type the following in Google – No quotes
social media firstname lastname
Here is what you will find:
- Some people’s profiles appear with their Google+ Profile and with their own site. (Very rare at this time) Try Jim Connolly or Robert Scoble and compare these two names to Chris Brogan. Are you surprised?
- You will see many platforms. Try Scott Monty – Notice that sites like Twitter, Slideshare,YouTube and Linkedin appear
- Check out Scott Scratten for this test and look how many places he provides information to other groups via posts, videos and conferences
- Check out Chris Pirillo for this test and see that not only do a number of video results come up, but also his Google+ profile picture also comes up on his site. (Chris posts videos everyday on YouTube)
- Check out Seth Godin for this test and see the hundreds of citations from others with respect to Seth’s information from his blog and books.
Now try this test for yourself! What type of presence does your name bring? People want to connect with people and they need to understand more about you. You are the living brand for your workplace. If your goal is to have a presence in the “Social Media” field, this test is for you. If you work with social media, but your company is in a different market, please do the following:
Insert your company’s main “product or service” with your firstname and lastname. Example ( soil testing brent pohlman)
See how strong your voice is for your company’s brand and which platform you are being heard the most on.