- “Things are going fine.”
- “We are having a good quarter”
- “Things could be better”
These responses do not really lead a client or potential client to think much about your company. It may also communicate an atmosphere of the client just being another number. Marketers and client service personnel need to work on creating more excitement and originality in their responses.
With a little changes, we may be able to create excitement for our clients and encourage them to be a part of the excitement. Check out these responses:
- “Yes, we just performed that work for a client and he/she used the results to make a major investment.”
- “It is an exciting time at our company, we are purchasing new equipment and hiring 5 new employees”
- “We are continuing to meet our client expectations on turnaround time.”
- “We are having a great first quarter, is your company seeing similar results”
Do you see the difference? It is really quite remarkable how just a few more words can really change the direction of the conversation. You can apply this information to the content you provide on your website, blog or social media post. Create excitement, change the direction of the conversation. It really isn’t that hard, but for some reason we don’t work at it hard enough.
I was a fan of the TV Series Cheers. Do you remember Norm? Everyday, the same question would be asked, “How are things going Norm?” and every episode a new response was given. Same question, different response. We as viewers tuned in because we knew we were not going to hear the same old “fine” response. A great example of how different responses to the same question can really change the nature of the conversation. If you have forgotten some of these responses, check out the video here and relive some memories.