What value are you seeing with your social media efforts?
Here is a list of things I have seen since I became heavily involved in social media, beginning in 2009.
- Increasing number of of clients.
- Sales have increased.
- Number of inquiries regarding service per day have increased.
- Consistent number of hits to corporate websites have increased.
- Number of incoming phone calls have increased
These are hard numbers that I measure on a regular basis and help me determine if my social media plan is effective or not.
In addition, I have learned a great deal through this process. Here are some items to
- Connecting with professionals outside of the United States
- Connecting closer with the right executives at local and national B2B Companies
- Increased search traffic through “Content Marketing” and “Blogging”
- Increased brand awareness on a national level
- The best messages are short and concise.
- The practice of listening is huge from a marketing standpoint.
- Social Media is a fantastic lead generation tool
- Social Media is constantly evolving from listening to engaging to searching
How would you answer this question? What items would you add to these set of lists? It is a question you should be asking yourself everyday to stay on track.