How do you get your message to stand out and actually reach the reader’s attention.
First, – Do not send a message the same way everyone else is.
Second, – You need to be different!
Third, – You need to get some ideas and add your “theme or brand” to it to make sure it sets you and your company apart.
Here are some ideas I have used in the past
- Send a personal note in a plain envelope. | Think about the mail you receive at home, if the company logo is plastered on it and you know instantly without opening it that it is some kind of offer.
- Call someone and ask for their opinion on a new project.
- Review someone’s account and see if you can offer a service that they might not be aware of or tell them that they are contacting a select group of clients for their input on a couple of questions.
- Send a calendar or product out of the blue and not during normal holiday times.
- Get more involved with your chamber and offer to host a meeting or be a sponsor
- Be more involved with local organizations and organize a tour or luncheon with these members.
- Call out a specific person on a platform like Twitter
- Send a direct message to some of your closest friends
- Check out their accompanying website and ask a question or make a comment about their site: (Product offering, particular blog post, past experience)
- Give a recommendation to someone on Linkedin (These are very rare anymore.)
- Talk about someone’s company or experience on your blog site ( Free advertising for their company and it shows you are in touch with your clients)
- Send an email and if local, ask them if they would like to come over for a short visit or if you could visit their company.
Some innovative ideas (I am thinking about)
- Offer an open house for your current clients
- Setup a table outside your building, staff it and give away a free item when they stop
- Partner with one of your clients and attend one of their company events.
- Have a customer appreciation day filled with activities
What are some “Innovative Surprise Message Techniques” that you have tried? Please share!