Could we be seeing a change from the focus being on mobile marketing and social media to “Client Experience”
“Client Experience” keeps me up at night!
I am not worried about follower counts, page views and likes. I look at those metrics, but could all of us be blinded to the fact that “Client Experience” is really where we are headed.
Mitch Joel’s blog site has had some interesting posts over the last couple of weeks and he is really making me think about a lot of things regarding marketing. One of Mitch’s strengths is the way he looks at the whole picture when it comes to marketing and he is really hitting this topic hard lately on his blog site.
Here are some social media trends you may have heard in the last few weeks:
As my title indicates, there is a lot of buzz about people falling off of Google Plus. Also, this month, Pinterest followers and traffic are also down.
In addition, from other studies I have been looking at, companies are reevaluating their marketing and social media initiatives.
I think this is setting up very nicely for the next major market to come to the scene. Some people would say that it is all about the mobile. There are some numbers that back up this theory, but people I talk to who are active on their phones are tweeting and checking in, or have tried it.
I think the next major move is the “Client Experience”
Client Experience – I think this should be the new term that defines the current state of marketing. Companies need to take the view from the client perspective and make sure their “company content” is in reach of their potential client audience. This means the content and communication channels are open and accessible to the client. It is the new Focus in 2012! ~ Brent Pohlman, April 29, 2012
All of us know service is a given and that we have to work hard to serve our clients this means not only quality service but also timely service which is inching more and more to 24 hours a day, 7-days a week.
How are people finding out about your company and its offerings?
Some things to think about regarding “Client Experience”
Here are some questions you need to think about?
- Where are the majority of your clients finding out about your company?
- Do you have a smartphone app ready for your clients that offers benefit to your clients?
- Is content driving your marketing or is advertising the driving force? You may want to watch this one!
- Is your website simple to navigate or complex because of lots of pages and key words?
- Do people talk about you and your company?
- Do you communicate a positive message to your clients on a regular basis?
- Do you stay in touch with them on a regular basis?
Client Experience – People’s time is at a premium. It’s a new world
- Lots of people are starting to cut back on viewing Television.
- People don’t write letters, they post updates on Facebook or email.
- People may read an article while waiting for their kids or while taking a break from work or a conference.
Client Experience – One last checklist of questions:
Are you giving them timely ways to be in contact with you?
Some companies are going to understand this better than others!!!!
- Where are you at right now?
- Are you creating that client experience?
- Are you keeping up or falling behind?
- Have you thought about it before you read this post?
Take time to answer these questions and look at “Client Experience”
The time to act is now!!!