Twitter is becoming more and more popular as a place for connections. I have found in 2012 that people are hungry to know what is happening today at your business. All of us to some extent, want up-to-the minute news, and the best news is that which involves people.
People relate to people! Period! People are becoming more and more aware of the ins and outs at companies.
If you want to build better relationships on Twitter, you need to connect with people by talking about people. Let me give you some examples.
Talk about the clients who are currently at your company.
- What are these people doing?
- Are they taking advantage of an offer or attending an event?
- Was a comment made about service?
Talk about a particular employee, manager or senior manager
- What task are these people doing?
- Are they celebrating something?
- What tasks or projects are they working on?
If you talk about services or products, make sure you tie them in with a person or some client behavior.
- What type of service or sales item is popular today?
- What purchases did a client just make?
- What products or services are your employees focusing on?
One of the best ways to use twitter is to tie-in a company blog post regarding one of these examples. This gives people a reason to go to your blog site and learn more about your company.
One last thing to remember. Make sure your bio includes the following:
- Name of a person to connect with at your company
- Company Location
- Telephone Number
I am surprised that many companies do not include this information on their Twitter bio. I know since I added this information to our company bio, our phone call volumes have gone up. Wouldn’t you rather talk to potential new clients over the phone than a series of tweets. Make it easy for people to connect with you and make sure you have a live voice on the company side.