If you are like me, you have given some thought as to how you could use QR Codes with respect to your marketing mix. Some people cannot believe that I have not implemented them in a big way yet. I am considering adding them to our brochures and business promotions. I have also learned that there are a number of companies who are making mistakes with this technology. The most noticeable:
- Broken Links to websites and videos – Very Embarrasing
- Website Home Page – Isn’t a url link just as good?
- Placing QR Codes on websites – Really??
The main reason companies are adopting this technology is to get in the mobile market. Each day more companies and consumers are purchasing smartphones. With this being said, only about half of all smartphone users actually have QR Reader Applications added as an application and are actually using them.
Here is a thought that many people are ignoring and should be paying more attention to.
MAKE SURE YOUR PHONE NUMBER IS LISTED ON THE FOLLOWING:
- Social Media Sites – Profile
- Email Signature
- Directories – Google, Local, Other
Some reasons to consider Adding your phone number before adding your QR Code.
Can be used by all cell phone users
Right now almost every business person owns a cell phone and can type out a phone number or click on a phone link.
Do not need an 800-number?
- Most cell phone carriers offer free long-distance calling. Why do you need to pay extra? Which number would you rather dial? A direct number to a company or an 800-Number that may or may not be an answering service or company representative. company.
Track your phone calls
- It’s another way to gauge how people are connecting to your company. I was really amazed at how the number of incoming calls increased substantially once our company phone number became more visible.
I know this information may seem very simplistic, but the bottom-line is that it works and it works very well from my experience. Sometimes the most obvious execution of technology is the best. Let me know your thoughts or hesitations after you have read this post or you can check out my company twitter profile and contact me by phone.