I had a discussion with another business owner who was thoroughly frustrated that he was not seeing results with his social media campaigns. He was focusing on campaigns on Facebook and searching out people on Twitter to follow and have conversations with. I asked him one question,”How are your presentations coming along?” He looked at me like I was from another planet and had no idea where I was coming from. I told him to think about coming up with a plan for presentations and how he would share them with his readers.
Too many times, people want the quick answers and people are given some poor advice regarding social media. A give-away on Facebook or Twitter is a one-time event and no one remembers what your company stood for. Dialogue is great, but who has time to strike up conversations everyday.
Presentation of Content is where people need to spend their time. I want to talk about three points today:
1. Content Benefits
When people want to learn more about you, they visit your site and read your latest blog posts. These blog posts represent your daily presentation of information. When this information is kept on a single site, it becomes a library of information on different topics and quickly becomes information that is valuable and searchable. Most of the traffic I generate to my site come from older posts on topics that people are looking for to resolve an issue or to gain more knowledge. I am providing information for people to hopefully help them in their professional work and knowledge.
2. Content Methods
This is really important. The way information is presented is huge. Today, people are finding our information visually on sites like Pinterest. Also, people check out images on blog posts as a first impression. If you are not attaching an image to your blog posts, you should really start if you want people to notice your site. Video is an area I need to work on more. People are looking for information through video presentations as much as they are through documents.
3. Content Results -The result of great content will be seen in the following ways:
- More phone calls to inquire about your services
- More posts that will have a chance to go viral
- Higher search rankings
- Stronger brand
- More Accounts and Increased Sales
- Look at your blog posts as presentations.
- If your post is too long, do you think you will be able to hold your reader’s attention.
- What is the first impression when people get to your site?
- Are you giving people some answers to their questions or just talking about yourself? Give people value!
- People always tell their friends about a good presentation they witnessed. (This should be your Goal)
Good Luck on your next presentation!