Everyday, we read more posts about WHY:
- Why we need to engage on social media
- Why social media needs to be a part of our marketing mix
- Why this platform is good and this platform is bad?
It is time for change! – If you really want change, you need to do the following:
Stop reading about social media and becoming more aware of it and actually take the time to do it.
Yes – Take Action!!!! You must make an investment of your time and personalize this!!!!!
Here is my plan of action for you if you are stuck? By the way, all of us at some point get stuck in our campaigns, so don’t let some expert tell you otherwise. When it happens this is what I do:
1) Follow some great blog writers
I start searching for good, current, updated all the time blogs. I want to get current information. Books are nice, but current information is better.
2) Search for information on different platforms
Google+, Twitter – Both have great search utilities and you can find information on how to get better using social media platforms.
3) Connect locally with a marketing guru
- Search out someone who uses these tools on a regular basis “Prefably someone at a company who can see results to the bottom-line”
- Invite a company in to see how not to do social media. ” If you have to pay for clicks or tweets, this is a huge red flag
4) Create your own goals to start
- I’ll spend 30 minutes today on social media platforms
- I’ll search some key words and invite 5-10 people to connect with me today.
5) Most Important – Start a blog or restart your blog!
- You create current content for people to find and know more about you and your company
- A blog with social media is really a great way to maximize your time and resources.
- Some people will tell you that you don’t need a blog, but if you are like me you can’t engage every hour of your business day on social media. (Some people do this!)
In summary, awareness will develop as you take action and it will make much more sense.
Take Action! – Stop spending all of your time in developing your awareness…