It is time to recognize that really very few people are willing to invest the time and energy it will take to get your social media campaigns effective. With this being said, if you really think these platforms have some potential, it is time that you own the process and take the lead in your company to see it through. I think that is really what is missing with most social media campaigns. You need someone who wants to take the time and make this work.
Here are some of the skills needed to have an effective social media marketing strategy at your company
- Maintaining a consistent blog site with regular posts.
- Knowledge of WordPress
- Knowledge of Company’s products/services
- Knowledge of Company’s clients and their wants/needs
- Someone who incorporates social media with other marketing initiatives like trade shows, e-mail campaigns, brochures, direct mail.
- Someone who is connected with marketing professionals to help generate ideas.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and other Measuring Tools
- Someone who also understands SEO techniques
As you can see, finding people who have these qualifications is very hard. If you are currently a marketing executive, maybe its time you step up and become familiar with these areas. Wouldn’t you rather own this process instead of taking 5-10 years to train someone. Do you have 5-10 years anymore? I think this brings up a point for future discussion.
In the mean-time, think about being the “Go-To-Person” in your company who understands these processes and who can help take your company to a new level of effectiveness.