I know a number of you have seen this episode on Cheers, but there are really a lot of lessons in this short 1 minute 20 second video. If you want some idea of yours to go viral, try doing the following.
- Start with pencil and paper and think about something that others may want to do.
- Social Media – See what is trending and what people are talking about
- Start quietly and listen to people, are people listening to your idea.
- Social Media – Conduct some searches on Twitter or checkout some recent conversations by specific people
- Start engaging people, show people you care about you, if they leave a comment, make sure you acknowledge them;
- Social Media – Monitor your sites and watch for people who leave comments or retweets
- Have some fun, thrown in some other comments, write a follow-up blog that builds momentum from the post you just wrote.
- Social Media – Have some fun with your post and throw-in a related blog post the next day. Keep the conversation going and ask for more feedback
- The results will be evident because your message will touch a number of different people across different industries.
- Social Media – Start connecting with new people on Twitter and other platforms and look for new subjects of conversations.
Sometimes the simplest plans are right in front of us. Now Watch the Video