If you want to connect with the best people on Twitter, you need to be as real and as transparent as you can. Here are some ways you can make that happen.
Make sure you use your name as your Twitter Name or Profile or better yet, both.
- There are a number of people who have a cute Twitter Name and do not offer their real name.
- I am very leary of these people.
- Are they trying to be someone else that they are not?
- Are they afraid someone will be onto them for one reason or another?
- When a person’s profile name matches their twitter handle – It shows me they stand behind who they are.
- Also, have a profile picture of yourself. – People liked to put a name with a face. It’s just natural
Talk directly to people
- Call people out on twitter in a good way.
- Send direct messages to people on a more personal level
- Acknowledge people by using a reply once in awhile instead of an RT
Don’t live your life on twitter.
- It’s great to be positive, but if that is all you do online, it makes me wonder if you are living a second-life on twitter
- Don’t tell us all of your pains every day either. Who wants to connect with people who pull you down.
- Create a balance to show you are real. You don’t have to live every part of your life on twitter.
- Have a life away from twitter. Taking weekends off is ok. It shows you have a life.
Twitter Spammers – I call these people social media spammers. All they do is broadcast.
- Always repeat other people’s ideas
- These People never take the time to listen to others
- All of their tweets are scheduled and they usually post 3 or more at the same time.
Finally and most important – Have some fun!
- Find creative ways to get your message across to people
- Share some pictures on Twitter
- Share some posts from your blog
- Ask questions?
- Be Different – Stand out from the crowd