Today, December 31st is officially my four year anniversary on Twitter. It’s hard to believe this adventure started four years ago. Four years ago, I was looking at Twitter to see how I was going to use this technology to grow our business. In addition, I wanted to start networking with a number of social media superstars and see how they were using these tools.
The last four years for me have been the experimental years. I have tried a number of tools and gadgets and have connected with some super people.
2013 is the year it all comes together. People like myself are going to want to see results in a big way and are going to look for the best ways to integrate social media across other marketing channels.
Here is what I will be focused on in the new year:
- Spend more time on only those platforms that get results. I will scale back my presence on certain sites, and I believe this will also help me be more effective from a time and
- Google+ – This last quarter I have seen some huge traffic. I attribute it to the new Communities
- Google Search – Search is always going to be important and I am going to evaluate social media sites more on where these sites are ranking with respect to search.
- Linkedin – Focus on some new techniques for gaining leads. Will talk more about these in 2013
- Facebook – Scale back a bit and see if less is more.
- Twitter – Keep on Tweeting and connecting with the right people. Has been an effective approach for the last three years.
- YouTube – Here we come in 2013. Finally getting into the game!
Some other goals:
- Continue to ask people how they heard about our company. It is amazing to me where people are finding out about us. Traditional word-of-mouth is very powerful and sometimes this information is located on websites, brochures or videos.
- Get my life back from social media – Going to engage and connect but not take myself so seriously on social media. The numbers only mean something if dollars and new clients are coming in.
- Take action – Continue blogging, work on writing better, fresher content, specific goals.
- Integrate social into brochures and trade shows. Everything works together, better!
Make your 2013 one of action and purpose. Set some concrete goals and take your marketing to a new level