I believe when you start realizing the value of connecting online through social media site, websites, blog sites you really start to see how these channels really compliment traditional marketing channels like booths at trade shows, brochures, displays, signage, etc.
At the heart of this whole matter is customer care. Customer care has to be the driver behind all of your marketing initiatives. How can we keep a presence with our clients and potential clients. We work on this matter each and every day. If you make it easy for clients to get a hold of you then you have effectively opened communication. Here is a list of items that have really come to light through this whole process of marrying traditional marketing channels with new, innovative channels.
- Post your address and phone number on your website. Do you want people to contact your company or not? I still see so many websites that hide their contact information.
- Make sure a “live voice” is the first contact people have with your company. Do you want a person’s first experience to be an automated voice message with menus.
- Change your voice message. Give people the option to leave a voice message or an email message. Yes – people will send you more emails if you let them know what it is on your voice message. With smartphones, this option really is valuable to people trying to contact you.
- Make sure all clients are greeted by someone who walks in the door.
- Make sure you have people who’s main job is client service.
- Respond back to people in a timely manner, even off hours. Make sure your contact page sends the question to your email address so you can respond back to the client from your smart phone.
- Monitor all mentions to you and your company on social media sites. People should always reply back to people who inquire about you.
- Show you care. You never know who you could be talking to. Treat clients as if they will be a life-long client.
- Don’t forget your current clients. It’s too easy to focus on new clients. Why not show you care by checking on current clients to see how they are doing.
- Make sure you are connecting with clients both locally and online. You never know what the future holds.
Customer care should always be your focus with respect to marketing.
Image courtesy of imagerymajestic / FreeDigitalPhotos.net