I came across this video below. It is a very good video with some great seo tips and general online marketing techniques. It is well worth the 5 minutes to watch. Mr. Wallace makes some great points in this short video. Each one of these points could be a one hour lesson, but I like how he quickly goes through these points and really highlights the main points of each one.
Take these concepts and really spend some time in these areas:
1 Blog – This is probably the most underutilized SEO piece. Everything starts with a blog.
2. 301 – Direct – Important, but you need to know what you are doing here. Work with a web developer and check out Google WebMaster Tools for more help with this piece. This is important, but you really need to work with your web folks in helping you repair links and redirect any domain name changes.
3. Social Changes – Get on social media and make sure you have a complete profile.
4. Local – Google+ – – You need to be on it. See earlier post on Google Authorship.
5. Content – Make sure you post good, quality content. Anything less is not worth the effort.
Bonus – This guy is absolutely right on regarding this advice about free advice. Always ask for website references. \
- If they can’t show you a site, you need to run.
- If their site is only 1- 2 pages, this means this company does not know what they are talking about.
- Work with companies/individuals can show results. Be careful and think about any proposal for at least 24 hours.
Image courtesy of Stuart Miles / FreeDigitalPhotos.net