It has been three years since Google Caffeine was released on June 8, 2010. I am now using it to gauge how well my searches are coming up with respect to brand names and domain names.
Check it out for yourself by slowly typing each letter of your keyword(s) in and notice what suggestions Google offers. If your company name or domain name is rising to the top, congratulations. You can move on to the advanced section below. If you have a very common name or Google is not seeing your particular search word, chances are you are not on the first page either. My advice to you:
- Start writing more quality content.
- Consider changing domain names
- Submit your site to Google for indexing
- Work with an SEO Expert
- Consider using social media to help bring users to your site.
Advanced – Now try going to the Advanced Search and change locations and see how your results are impacted. If you have a strong content presence, you should still see your brand name or domain name come up. This process has really showed me that it is possible to have a national presence on Google if your customers are coming to you from across the country or internationally.
You obviously know what you are doing with respect to online marketing
- Keep up your content, don’t stop
- Stay active on social media
- See where your audience is at and look for more opportunities
Image courtesy of geww / FreeDigitalPhotos.net