Twitter, Linkedin, GooglePlus and Facebook have encouraged people to post information in a concise format for easy reading and for people to quickly scan.
In addition, mobile technology: smartphones and tablets are also tools for communication and many are using them for quick reads and check-ins.
The information above is no surprise to many. The fact is more and more people are accessing their information from these various sites and with this technology. I talked about this topic last week, “Is Summer a Good Time for Marketing?”
What I have learned this summer that people will be drawn to you and your company if you make it easy to access your company?
- Having a strong client service staff that answers phone calls in a prompt and timely manner?
- Make sure you are creating new content on a regular basis?
- Update your company website too?
- Respond to client inquiries within 2- 4 hours of receipt with specific information.
- Stay active on social media, but don’t invest all your time and energy here. (More to come on this topic in future posts)
- Get other co-workers involved
- Make your content “search ready” (People search for answers – Your content has to be there for them to find you) (More to come on this topic in future posts)
- Give people options with respect to your voice mail message. “You can leave your message after the tone or send me an email at email@example.com” . (Think about this one! -It is a difference-maker)
People want to connect with people. Make this connection easier.
Image courtesy of David Castillo Dominici / FreeDigitalPhotos.net