If you are still trying to figure out what content marketing is all about, check out this article I came across yesterday, “6 Content Marketing Myths Debunked” by Tommy Landry – It is an awesome article which really identifies what content marketing is all about. Now, I don’t totally agree with every part of the article, but Mr. Landry does give you some information to think about and review to see where you are at with your own content marketing strategy.
Developing content is a daily process for me. I try to find information that would be valuable to my readers. I think the best way to do this is to not think like the crowd, but think like your readers or better yet, think about a topic that others are not talking about.
The best way to measure “content marketing” effectiveness is the following: Ask your clients where they heard about your company? I know this might seem too simplistic, but you will soon discover that people like certain types of content over other types of content.
- Some people like online brochures or e-documents. (Digital Media Content)
- Some people heard about you through word-of-mouth from another client. (Traditional Content)
- Some people like online promotions (Promotional Content)
- Some people like your blog site and retweet or share your information on social media (Social Media Content)
- Some people viewed one of your videos and want to learn more (Video content)
- Some people visited your office location (Welcome packet content)
Image courtesy of Stuart Miles/ FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Content marketing is not just an online marketing strategy. It encompasses much more. Are you taking advantage of all the content that is available to you to tell your story?