- Kids are back to school.
- Family life is more routine
- Football Season is right around the corner
- The last activities of summer are concluding
- Preparation for harvest is occurring
- People are much more focused from a task point of view
What does this mean for you as a marketer?
Take the bull by the horns and give people a reason to seek you out. Give people a call to action. Show them something of value that could pay dividends for them in their routine lives.
It is a great time to show people something outstanding, to Wow them.
- Offer some sort of special
- Setup your own promotional event
- Create an onsite video
- Attend a networking event and show people a new product or service
- Invite one of your clients for an informal visit or lunch
- Do something!!! Give people a reason to keep coming back. (Just like school)
Social Media speaking…
All kinds of topics to talk about. Create a tie-in with your company brand and what your clients are experiencing. In addition, check out social media sites like Twitter and Linkedin and see how people are ready to make a purchase or they really want something.
Get out there and connect on social media sites by listening closely to wants, needs, requests and general information. Take time to share cool posts and information. When someone posts something worth sharing, share it and provide your own personal commentary. Tell people why you liked something.
Social media is hot during the month of August. People are connecting at schools, workplaces, in the community. Be a part of the discussion.
Connect with people at your workplace…
Sometimes we forget this or take it for granted. Make sure you are always working to know more people at your company and show you care about other people. Smile and be a positive influence at the workplace. Look for opportunities to pull more co-workers together for a common goal or task.
Have fun this August! The month is almost over. Get involved and start connecting today both online and offline. It’s an exciting time.
“Image courtesy of nuttakit / http://FreeDigitalPhotos.net