There are thousands upon thousands of experts out there trying to sell you on a “cookie-cutter” social media solution. Get results fast, build up your follower counts, get more likes, the list of rewards goes on and on.
The market is flooded with social media experts.
The time is right for a new social media expert to help you with your marketing. This expert is you! If you work in a company and are involved with client service or marketing or you are an executive. You should be the social media expert at your company.
Here are some reasons:
- You know your clients, products and services better than anyone. (You should!)
- You need to service client needs on a daily basis.
- You need to reach people in more ways than ever.
- Social media is another channel to use to get your message out to people.
- Social media is a great way to listen to your clients and potential markets to understand their wants and needs.
- Social media, together with content marketing makes a powerful punch.
- Marketers, in general need to broaden their skill sets and continue to keep up with new technologies both online and offline to serve their markets.
- Do you really want an outsider doing all of the above?
I am not saying that getting social media to work is easy by any means. However, if you want to see results on your bottom line and new accounts and a larger presence in your industry, then become a social media expert in your company. These are the type of metrics that social media experts are hesitant to talk about too. It is easy to talk about Likes, Followers, Number of ReTweets and Plusses, but it is another thing to talk about how social media can make a difference for your company overall.
Get going, if you need some assistance check out some topics on this site. This site is full of examples of how the company I work for has embraced social media and found results. If you invest a little time, you will also see results. The hardest part is getting started and continuing to work at it everyday.
“Image courtesy of tungphoto / FreeDigitalPhotos.net“.