Too much emphasis is made on having the right system or a comprehensive plan. The best discussions occur when marketers do the following:
- Talk to clients and get their input
- Review client comments
- Answer client questions on a day to day basis
- Make products and services easier to understand for clients
Notice all of these items involve clients. Most of the time our list looks like more of the following:
- I need to spend more time on social media connecting
- I need to have a plan for our next marketing promotion
- I need to update the website/blog site
- I need to develop a mobile app
If you take care of the client in the first example, it will ultimately dictate where you need to spend more of your time and resources.
It really is this simple and if you carefully examine some of the most successful projects you have been a part of in the past, you will see that involving the client makes all the difference.
Image courtesy of David Castillo Dominici / FreeDigitalPhotos.net