Here are some items to consider in getting peoples attention:
<> Check Google Analytics or other analytics tools and see how people are finding your company page. See what search terms they are using. Look at the your most popular landing pages and look for trends.
<> Pay close attention to inquiries being received over the phone, from your website and social media site.
<> Also, consider putting information directly on your home page to help call attention to it. Put this same information link on your email signature profile. Also, put the link on a hand-out, post card or brochure.
<> Draw attention to your “special promotion/message” by putting information about your link on your voice message or hold message.
<> Consider using pictures and images to convey and get attention to your message.
The other key to wining the battle for attention is to take a closer look at yourself and change the way you think. Instead of thinking that you know more than your clients, consider listening and learning more from others. There are very few experts anymore and because of the internet anyone can be an expert.
As I am finding, this process is really easy once you do the following:
- leave your ego at the door,
- listen more than you have in the past,
- you become excited about your message/promotion and get other co-workers on board, (make it a team activity, not a personal one)
- learn the fact that just because you build something does not mean they will naturally come (you need to promote more today)
- people like to learn from your content, own the decision, and know how to purchase your product or service in a few clicks (make the process easy for your clients to understand and own)
Win the battle for attention! Work at it each day and learn more about your clients’s needs. It will help you formulate more strategies in the future.