Wouldn’t it be nice if we understood the process of how people find our company and ultimately want to do business with our company. People are finding our company through the following: Client Referrals, Google Searches, Social Media, Client Visits, Content Marketing
For me it is about looking closer at the following items:
- Trying to build simple processes
- Creating eye-catching images, phrases
- Providing informative content
Now these items are all great, but what is it that really gets people to buy. I still believe I have not even come close to understanding this process. I think technology like mobile and social media are helping me formulate a strategy, but I am not close to understanding the real key which is behavior.
Everyday, I see people on their smartphones. Some are playing games, more and more are reading information and emails. What I am finding are the following triggers for a better word that I am trying to work on.
- Creating shorter content – Give specific information that adds value
- Building simple Apps – Check out Midwest Labs App | Simple but powerful
- Using pictures to convey a topic – Images help convey messages
- Fewer clicks on website – Less clicks are better
- Promotions – Find ways to get buyers’ attention
- Quicker turnaround – Get people to act quickly
- Keeping in Contact – Help people remember our company, make it easy to contact us.
Again this article is more of a thinking document rather than some type of tip sheet for understanding behavior. My point here is that we, as marketers need to pickup on these techniques and continue to refine our processes to make them more simple, more efficient and create more value if we are going to really be a part of the buyer behavior process.
Image courtesy of adamr / FreeDigitalPhotos.net