More and more responsibility is being placed in our clients’ hands. Think about it from the retail side, we now have more self-checkout labes. People can go to the ATM to make deposits and withdrawls from their accounts. Ordering items and services online is becoming easier and easier through site like Amazaon.
With our smartphones, we can simply speak our search text and receive results in seconds. From here, we can also find company phone numbers and addresses. In addition, people can simply send and receive text messages and email messages.
Companies are looking at these changes in our lifestyle and are trying to find ways to incorporate them into their own processes. Many restaurants and stores are going to pre-ordering of items for pickup or scheduling services for future delivery.
How should you and I as marketers be looking at these opportunities? Here are some items to consider:
- Listing pricing information on our company websites.
- Make sure company contact information is located on every page of our site
- Allow clients to ask questions at their convenience
- Respond back to clients in a timely manner
- Incorporate better email messages with specific information
- Make our company websites mobile friendly
- Update our company website information on a daily basis
- Extend more invitations to visit our companies and connect
Companies need to start thinking differently and look for ways to cut out unnecessary steps in processes. People value their time and are typically searching for a particular need. If it takes more than 1 minute to find the informaiton they are looking for, they will typically move on to another site.
Creating cleaner, easy access to information is the only way to proceed in today’s information environment.
Image courtesy of stockimages / FreeDigitalPhotos.net