I came across this article, A Prescription for Successful Content Marketing and it is a well-written article that looks at content marketing and its role as a part of your makreitng direction. It makes several good points about the role of content marketing and how many people do not see this as a viable strategy.
Here is why I see content marketing as a valuable entity.
- Today’s “breaking news” is over-hyped and is merely posted as a way to generate more discussion. It is most often a big waste of time. With today’s flow of information and rapid decision-making, people are trying harder than ever to sort through all the information and find the appropriate news information that affects their deciaion-making.
- Clients are quickly surfing news information in order to build their own knowledge to help them take the next action steps with respect to that information.
- Business professionals are constantly looking for more market share with their products and services.
- Companies are watching their bottom-line much closer and are constantly positioning themselves to be ready to jump into a rapidly developing market.
Application for Marketers:
- Start building something new with content marketing as a strategy
- Develop content that resonates with our clients and draws in new clients (Continual Work in Process)
- Post information on a more consistent basis. Websites without any new content reflect dying businesses
- Come ready and expect to win everyday!
- Bring a new attitude of “Bringing the News” to your people!
- Continue to develop information that resonates with your clients.
- Produce fast, quick, reliable information
- Get more in contact with your clients and spend less worrying about things you can’t control
One Final Note:
Content marketing works well when you control your content. The content you produce is sitting on your website and you will see results. I have found some posts that I wrote over a year ago are being looked at and acted on. People are hungry for “good, reliable information”. If you create content based on your experiences and you share that information with others, you will be successful. It is a long-term strategy, but it can be so valuable if you create content on a consistent basis. Start creating news today and stop fretting over news that everyone else is only reading about. Be different!