Everyday there are new opportunities awaiting companies. People are making decisions faster than ever. With information at their disposal, they can quickly formulate an opinion based on information they find online. The internet has become a network of vast information. Each day, more and more content is being added.
As marketers, we must be in tune with what is happening. We have been told over and over, we need to know where are clients are and make sure we are finding them. I am not so sure that this message holds true in 2014.
I am seeing a faster shift… A shift where marketers must be visible more… It is one of being consistent in the marketplace rather than trying to watch and analyze the market.
Here are some ways to be in the market:
- Make sure your name is tied to a company group email. info@company_name.com – – You will see what type of questions people are asking. You might discover a potential market.
- Talk to your client service staff everyday. What types of questions are they dealing with?
- Monitor activity on social media and share information from your blog site or other helpful information.
- Get involved with your own company blog and social media teams. You will learn a lot.
- Attend a specific industry conference. See how other companies are marketing and reaching their clients.
- Use Google Alerts to help you monitor information regarding key words.
Getting directly involved is the best approach to maximizing your marketing efforts! Where are you spending most of your time?
Image courtesy of stockimages / FreeDigitalPhotos.net