Getting recognized in the market is really the goal of today’s marketing initiatives. Too often, marketers and executives focus their time and energy on articles like this, Marketers Still Struggling to Get Results from Content Marketing, July 16, 2014. I know, I often look at articles like this too, but often these type of articles give the same type of summary information that most people know, like “companies need to understand their clients better”.
Whether it is social media, content marketing, B2B marketing, B2C marketing or SEO, it really comes down to companies setting down a plan to become better recognized.
I typically ask the following questions and it helps lead me to some future projects and priorities.
- How do I want people to recognize our brand?
- What should clients see when they see our brand?
- What type of weaknesses are we aware of that we must improve on.?
- Where do we rank in our industry?
- Where do we want our brand to be recognized?
- Are we planning on attending a national confernece or trade show?
- What local shows or events should we be looking at to gain more exposure
- Are there publications or websites that we need to look at more closely.
- Why do we want our brand to be recognized?
- Are we going after a “new” market
- Do we need to reconnect more with our current clients?
- Are we losing ground to competitors?
- When do we want our brand to be recognized?
- Do we need daily interaction and recognition on social media sites?
- Are we working toward a rebranding or new logo?
- Is the company merging or acquiring another company?
Marketers and executives need to look at their company brands from a recognition standpoint instead of focusing solely on technology. If you go through the exercise above, you will start to see a better picture of where you want to go with your brand. The results from this exercise will help make better decisions in the areas of content marketing, social media and search marketing. In fact, you may see some combintation of approaches ocurring. This is always a good thing!
Getting recognized today by clients, advocates and potential clients is extremely important and it is a daily process that needs monitoring and implementation of new, fresh ideas.
Start getting recognized more today!
Picture Source 4.bp.blogsot.com