Real-time marketing is showing up everyday and making sure clients are getting taken care or. It’s about looking for opportunities each day to learn and grow.
To be effective at real-time marketing you really need the following things in place.
1) Strong client service staff – People want answers to their questions now. Some people want their answers over the phone, others in email, others on your website, still others want to stay connected through newsletters- online/direct mail and social media. If you have a team in place that can communicate and answer questions right away, you are ahead of the pack.
2) Having a good content marketing plan – People want to be able to find the following: list of services, prices, people to contact. In addition, clients are always checking out companies and individuals for the most current news updates. Blog information can really help with content. In addition, social media can help distribute this content out to the masses. However, it is the quality, specific content that gets people’s attention. The only way to know this is to make sure your content is fresh and make sure it is communicated through the proper channels. Content is more than just simply blog posts, do the little things too and you will see results.
3) Setting up accounts and reducing lead time. In 2014, I really spent time in this area. If you can setup client processes online that reach people on their computer and mobile devices, you will be in the game. Look at ways to bring people into your company and ultimately create that transaction .Use account forms to collect client data. Simplify online processes like submitting information online or providing processes that are easy to follow for clients. Have someone follow-up faster with a lead and learn to track conversations and meeting better for future reference.
4) Use social media throughout your day. Check it a few times a day and respond to anyone who leaves you a comment or especially asks a question. Engage with people and let them know you have a presence on social media each day.
5) Keep your current clients happy. These days everyone tells you that you have to gain new clients to keep growing. The truth is, you need to service your current clients needs in real time or you may lose them to a competitor. Look for ways to maintain great service to your clients and ask for their input with respect to how you could better service their needs.
Everyday, we are given opportunities to make a difference. If you have developed a good team and addressed the items above, you are well on your way to being successful. One
person cannot do it alone to experience true success. It takes a total team effort.