Right now, people have quite a bit on their mind. It is getting closer to Christmas and many like myself are looking forward to the Christmas Message. This time of year, many people enjoy the thrill of buying gifts for their family and friends. For others, it is a time of finishing Final Exams and studying hard these last few weeks. In addition, there are so many acts of love and giving this time of year.
So what does this mean for you and your job? If you are working with clients consider a bit more patience when dealing with clients. Here are some other items to consider doing:
- Don’t hard-sell – Some people are trying to sign that last minute deal. For me, it is a complete turn-off and I quickly move these type of requests to the bottom of the list or I hit the delete button if it is an email or voice-mail.
- Don’t insist on meeting with someone before the ned of the year. Respect people’s crazy schedules and see if waiting a bit is more worthwhile than trying to squeeze another activity on someone’s calendar.
Consider One of These Activities
- Consider doing something out of the ordinary – Instead of a card, why not a signed card in a frame. What about hand-delivering a gift.
- Develop a Santa’s wish list in your office area. What is on the hearts and minds of your co-workers.
- Bring in Santa for a day or a Musical Trio or a group of high school music students to sing some carols.
- Have a theme day at your office. Ugly Christmas Sweater day.
- Consider supporting a family, organization or a co-worker. There a lot of hurting people out there.
What Can You Do Online?
Write up-beat blog posts – To write some upbeat, inspirational articles. Use personal examples if you can.
People are looking forward to Christmas and New Years Eve – Do you have something at your company that people should be looking forward to. (A new service introduction, new product, new website, new program, new construction) Give people a reason to keep believing in your company.
Connect through social media and continue to share uplifting messages
Remember – This season is a special time for many and people are going in all directions. Consider being really patient and look for ways to use this time of the season to love and serve others.
Image courtesy of David Castillo Dominici at FreeDigitalPhotos.net