I came across this article, “10 Ways to Crush It in 2015” by Matt Mayberry, January 2, 2014.
Here is list of 10 ways to crush it in 2015: (Read Matt’s article for more explanationof each of these items. )
1. Get serious!
2. Learn and let go of 2014.
3. Take your health and fitness to the next level.
4. Get very clear about what you want.
5. Take massive action.
6. Let this be the year you let your mind work for you, not against you.
7. Hang around those who are doing better than you.
8. Create a personal growth plan.
9. Stop the take-take mentality and operate out of the give-give mentality.
10. Create a sense of urgency!
I really like items ( 3, 5, 8 and 10)
These four together seem a little over-the-top, but I think that is the mentality that you need today if you are going to have succes in 2015
3. Health and fitness are going to be more important than ever for me in 2015.
I have changed my approach for this one and I have started a daily regimen with short and long-term goals. Of course this is the most popular resolution item it seems on everyone’s list but if real change is going to happen, it can only come from making changes that you will be able to live with not temporarily, but going forward.
5. Take massive action
It is critical to get projects, employee goals and company direction on paper with start/end dates. Make sure work is being assigned, managed and completed. It really is that simple. Yes there may be delays, but don’t let off on the accelerator, keep your project moving.
8. Create a personal growth plan
I really like this one. I need to make sure I am gaining more knowledge each day and stop putting off learning by making excuses. Time to roll-up the sleeves, document areas that I need to grow in and invest the time in those areas. For me, it is about prayer and a deeper faith, so I need to spend more time in this area.
10. Create a sense of urgency
Too many people view their job as another thing they have to do to fill time. For me it’s about my To-do notebook and white board and making sure I am staying focused on the tasks at hand. Instill a sense of urgency in your own area with start/end dates and goals of where you want to see things in 2015. Continue to create your vision and get it in front of people and get them to see it too.
What items do you like from this list?
Have a super and productive 2015!