We hear this all the time.
Technology is driving this culture and companies need to be faster than ever if you want to be in the game.
I recently received a note from a prospective client that left a note on our company website that said, ” I have decided to work with another company over yours because it to your company 4 hours to get back to me and you competitor got back to me in less than an hour” If you snooze, you might lose. Is this the norm? It may be a bit extreme, but I have not lost site of this and I see it more and more.
If you allow people to ask questions on your site, you may come in the next morning and see a large number of client inquiries.
People have more power in their hand than ever before. It is important to get back to clients as quickly as you can.
The shopping experience has moved from the physical store, to your online site. It really isn’t any different. When you go into a particular store looking for an item, if you can’t find it right away, you may seek out a store associate to help you.
Now take this scenario online..
If someone goes to your website and cannot find the information they need, where do they go? Hopefully you have listed your company phone number. If it is after normal business hours, maybe they can go to a page to leave their question or comment. In any case the customer is looking for an answer to their quesiton. How fast you can deliver speaks volumes about your service.
Some points to consider in the Now Culture
- Is your website mobile friendly? Google announced this week that websites that are mobile-friendly will receive higher placement
- Do you have your company phone number and address listed on your website? You would be surprised how many do not.
- Is your site user-friendly? Can people find information they are looking for? Do you have a search feature on your site?
- How fast do you respond to customer questions?
- Do you have a concise form for customers to leave their questions or comments?
Do you have any other suggestions? I welcome your comments on the Linkedin site.