I am going to use a whiteboard with an easel and I am going to write different messages and gauge people’s interest.
Here are my current theories:
- I believe companies rely too much on their background pictures and displays to draw people’s attention. I know, because I have been one of those people that feel a good background helps draw people’s attention.
- Now with the culture of digital media and short 144 character messages, I think people want to be able to quickly scan company’s messages at a show and make a determination in less than 5 seconds as to whether that company could offer something of value or not.
- A good message might get people to stop and notice you and your company. A few words aremore effective than a background display.
- Show displays do not get people’s attention. Content that can be updated looks fresher.
- People’s span of attention is very short. A whiteboard is a better option than a TV monitor because no one has time to watch a 1-minute video
What are your thoughts on this topic? Do you have experience in this area? If so, please let me know.
Leave a comment on Linkedin Page
Later this week I will share my results from this experiment.
Image courtesy of stockimages at FreeDigitalPhotos.net