No I am not dreaming. I have been waiting for this moment for the last four years. It appears Google is awarding websites that have made it through the major updates over the past few years.
Here are some reasons I believe organic search is back (Why I changed my thoughts on this topic?)
- People are smarter with respect to search. Because of all the noise and information, people are starting to get smarter when it comes to search and they are typing in more words and asking more specific questions in the hope of getting better answers.
- Mobile is great for local searches which need quick, fast, local information. There is still a need for more advanced searches for business work and a wider audience than just local community.
- The world is getting smaller. Technology is opening competition up where small businesses with great content and a particular niche topic can compete on an equal basis with larger, more established companies.
- Don’t believe me, try yourself. Conduct an advanced search and change your location from your current, local location.
- Finally, Google+ results show up in search where people are logged-in to their Google accounts. This means content posted on Google+ is still getting traction in Google.
What does this mean for marketers?
- Follow Google rules, no matter how hard they might be. Don’t ignore the warnings and continue to stay on top of Google happenings.
- Create long-tail keyword search phrases that people can relate to.
- Post clients’ questions and answer their commonly-held questions on your website. Use this content that you might normally only save on email and put it online for others to see.
- Never give up on being organic. Remember ads work too, but they are only temporary. Content has a much longer shelf life and repeatability factor.
- Look at building your site for two audiences: strong local presence and strong national presence.
Overall, I’ve tried to keep the perspective of two audiences: local and national, however up until a few weeks ago I was not seeing the result of my work. Then, I started changing the way I searched for answers by asking more precise questions or typing in more specific keyword phrases. It was here that I noticed my own content was once again very relevant.
Search marketing is back and back in a big way. It is definitely one of the biggest reasons I am seeing a lot of success in 2015. Are you seeing similar results in your organic search efforts? Don’t give up the fight and continue to produce content that makes a difference in the lives of people.
Picture Source: Pixabay