- Digital Transformation
- Where do you start with respect to DIGITAL
- Creating an Experience in the Digital Age
- Getting More Digital Today!!!
I listen to a lot of podcasts and read a lot of articles and frankly I am not seeing a lot of new digital marketing ideas out there. Most of the ideas I come across are ideas that are not revolutionary by any means. Most of the information I receive talks about ideas that were first developed when social media came onto the scene about 5 years ago and they have common themes like:
- Don’t sell, engage more,
- Write quality content,
- Mobile marketing is growing
- You need to spend more time with social media
- Email is dead
The issue here is that people are looking for a cookie-cutter approach toward improving their online digital footprint. What I am learning with respect to my digital footprint is that it is much more than a footprint and I need to take more of a 1000 foot level to really wrap my arms around this process.
It really comes down to defining what I want to accomplish and how I am going to get there. It combines communication, engineering, management, service. It is a huge undertaking. Every company approaches this area much differently and knows their strengths and weaknesses the best.
I have toured the Union Pacific Control Center in Omaha, Nebraska. On the large warehouse screen, everyone can see the trains in operation and where they are at. This information is vital and helps insure that deliveries are made on time and that issues are resolved as quickly as they can. Information received is communicated to engineers in the field and service is at the heart of this system.
The logistics I am evaluating with respect to my business are the following:
- Insure work is being completed in a timely manner and is meeting quality standards that are in place.
- Service to clients is delivered as fast as possible for clients to be able to answer questions regarding their own businesses
- Information is being communicated online that my company offers services available to a particular niche market. You have to be a part of the action if you want to stay in business and continue to grow.
- Insure that deliverables of information are easily accessible to answer questions, provide results and insure return business.
- Continue to learn and explore areas that could be potential markets in the future.
- Continue to update technology to insure current processes keep up with the pace of change.
- Work with suppliers and find ways to promote each other’s business offerings and improve service to clients
Ideas I am considering and will implement in the future
More work completed on portable notebooks
Moving toward hands-free data delivery – More screens for people to look at and see without having to log-on to a computer
Looking more for alliances that help strengthen channels and can be valuable to both parties to improve efficiency.
Look for ways to simplify the process of data capture, processing and delivery. (Ongoing Goal)
A closer look at digital marketing really shows how everything really needs to come together if an effective digital marketing strategy is going to come together. I believe the more items I can address and complete under the Logistics heading, the more successful I will be with specific digital marketing initiatives.
Picture Source: Pixabay