I have to confess. The last few years I have spent a lot of time reading marketing articles. I have also looked carefully at marketing packages that had some very cool tools and analytics. I saw the process of leads becoming customers. In the end, though, I don’t think this process really made as big of an impact as I thought it would. In 2016, I started the process of creating a brand new company website, and I think the outcome of that project really showed me two things.
- I was moving away from the things that had made me successful.
- When it comes to marketing, to get the most out my efforts I need to look at the things I can control and build on this stuff first.
It was time to regain my focus in 2017
As a result, I am reevaluating our marketing processes, and as I go through the process I see the world through the critical things that matter:
- Examining our services, we offer to clients and looking at ways to make it better
- Creating a better website experience
- Listening more to our client service staff
- Listening more to our client’s needs
- Looking at the means to reinvent ourselves and highlight “the value” we can offer to our clients
- Looking at our current data systems and finding ways to make our data more accessible.
This is where I am spending my time in 2017. For the past few years, I was too focused on making a marketing system work. I was completely missing the point, and frankly, it was taking me away from the real things that matter.
The Takeaway from this Article:
TAKE CONTROL OF THE SITUATION AND FIX YOUR SITE ON WHERE YOU WANT TO GO!
GET A PLAN TOGETHER BY COLLECTING DATA THAT CAN BE USED TO BUILD A PLAN ON
IMPLEMENT A PLAN THAT INCORPORATES THIS PROCESS.
MAKE SURE YOU GET THERE SOONER THAN LATER.
The opinions here are my own. I am sure some you have been able to implement marketing systems that capture these areas. For me, I will be honest and tell you I lost focus. I focused too much on trying to adapt our processes to someone else’s explanation or as a result of implementing a system. This year I am regaining my focus by spending more time in these areas. I believe a system will be the next step in the process, but I am not in any hurry. Right now, I am learning a lot, and I am developing an exciting plan for the future.