Here are some areas that have made a difference for me
- Look for ways to be disruptive – I had to really take a hard look at what I was doing and find areas where we could make a difference. (Not in a little way, but a big way)
- Follow Amazon more and more – Amazon is disrupting the industry on a weekly basis. Every week a new announcement is made about a new product, feature or service. It is a model which is definitely worth following.
- Getting Simple – Too often changes cannot occur because a history has been established that has added layers and layers of procedures, add-ons with technology and old ways of working on things. It is hard to change some of these old, established processes, but the longer it is not addressed, the harder it is to see results.
- See how others are trying to breakthrough – Ask clients how they are addressing their ability to breakthrough. It is a quick way to see if a company is growing or falling behind. It is also a great time to see if there are any opportunities to assist your clients. Just listening to other company concerns can be important.
- Surround yourself with good customers and vendors – Today, a lot of companies are panicking. I continue to seek out those people who have integrity and can persevere in the heat of pressure.
- Track customer feedback, phone calls, inquiries, conversations. Make sure this information is not being funneled and collected by one individual. Make sure there is a system in place that collects and shares this information. (This is critical)
- Post quality information and make sure the tone is positive and not negative. There is way too much negative information being posted today.
- Finally, develop yourself as a person and have some personal interests. I have interests outside of work and I watch far less television than I used to. I have some personal goals I hope to attain and it keeps me focused on what is really important.
How are you crushing it in 2017?
I welcome your comments. (Always looking for ways to continue to crush it)