In 2017, this simple phrase has helped me see a whole new world.
There are a lot of salespeople, but few that can lead and present well.
- A good leader knows his team and brings people together for a purpose
- A good leader knows his audience and finds the pain points
- A good presenter focuses on the message and tries to build an understanding of his audience.
- A good presenter sticks to a few relevant themes that will stick and uses clear, visible examples to illustrate his/her point.
Today, sales pitches are very long and much time goes into information that ultimately has little no effect on the client. Please stop wasting time in building a company document focuses on how great the company is. Most customers are extremely patient in this area, but ultimately it does detract from the sale.
- I think the best sales pitches I have heard are those that come prepared with the following:
- An Agenda, (Meeting Appointment) – With a maximum of 5 topics
- Possible solutions that fit the client’s needs
- Solutions that are different than competitors. (This is the differential)
- Can show value: (Cost savings, Resource Savings, Potential Growth Opportunities)
- Develop a presentation that incorporates team members, displays and has a fallback plan
The bottom-line is people are looking for companies that are always looking to deliver products and services at a higher level than their competition. It is a tough world out there, and if we want to get noticed, we need to be working closely with clients to not only work with them and retain them but also keep them excited and coming back for more.