I am not going to be very active on social media sites and try engage people. Today is a day to spend by yourself to give yourself a direction both personally and professionally. In the past, I have taken this step too lightly. It is too easy to be like everyone else and take the day off as a vacation day.
Take some time and review your marketing goals and get it on paper. Here are some the key steps I will be doing.
- Reviewing goals and prioritizing goals
- Setting dates for completion and review
- Assign tasks to team members
- Set personal goal for education and health
- Schedule, Schedule, Schedule – Get the calendar out and make deadlines.
- Analyze clients and identify key current clients with whom we want to stay in contact with.
- Set goals with respect to social media, see yesterday’s post.
Enjoy these last few days of 2011 and set some attainable goals for 2012. Read this earlier post on goals, some great information to get you started.
Remember you are always marketing yourself and your company by your actions at work, at home and in the community. Take some time for yourself and use it to identify your strengths and weaknesses and see how you can build on your strengths and continue to work on your shortcomings. Learning is a huge part of leading. Motivation also helps too. Finally, remember this time spent today and tomorrow could really serve as a strong basis for achieving goals in 2012.
Have a Happy and Safe New Year!