I read a post last week that really struck me. “Social Media – Are You Spreading Yourself Too Thinly” by Jim Connolly.It really made me think about my current actions on Social Media.
My biggest fear with respect to working with social media is that I am not making any kind of difference building up my personal brand or building brand awareness from a company perspective. I would encourage you to read the article above and the associated comments. As I read the comments, I really got the feeling that people really aren’t sure which platform they should spend the most time on. I thought that was very interesting.
There are other people who would say that all of us must be on several social media platforms and take the time to communicate differently with respect to the particular social media platform.
For me, it is about reinventing myself. I am trying different styles of communication on Twitter, Linkedin and Google+. These are my favorite social media platforms and the ones that I feel I can make a difference.
Here is a list of the ideas I am working on:
- Twitter – Posting ideas that invite people to add their own comments and responses
- Twitter – Trying to communicate in a ways that encourage more discussion
- Linkedin – Provide periodic status updates throughout the day. More on a professional level
- Linkedin – Updating my Linkedin Profile once a week.
- Google+ – Finding the best way to organize circles by studying the ways others use circles.
- Google+ – Update Profiles – Personal and Company with more keywords. Secured Search results are occurring more each day.
I am sure there are some items I need to add to this list.
What are some ideas that you may be exploring that you think could really be “difference making” processes?